Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ice Creamy Dreams

I am from a hellishly hot spot in Texas and being there in our stall at Archwood was a true reminder of my time in San Antonio. All day all I could think of was how much I hate wearing khaki pants and also just how amazing it would have been to have had a lemon ice or blueberry cheesecake ice creamy goodness with buttery chunks of Graham cracker crust... I was losing my mind at my most sweaty moment.... My mouth was dry, my contacts were sticking to my eyeballs and I wasn't getting any cooler... Not until I began telling my Mom that we should surely make ice cream from now until the summer is over.. I must have said ice cream and fruit lime - aids a thousand times over the course of our afternoon at the market and looking back now I see that the promise of a chilly treat was majorly comforting.. I talked over the possiblity with our neighbor and for a split second I could see her take in the cool breezy goodness a cup of ice cream provides. She began to inform me that last season one of the vendors made sorbet on site! I felt immediately hopeful by the prospect that we'd be able to pull this off with people who would be more than receptive! Even now as I sit here in the beauty of air conditioning I know that we are about to gain a few more fans, a few lovers of cool, sticky and sweet refreshment.... I cannot wait to see their faces... The comfort and cool heads that will now browse a little longer, converse a touch bit more with those around the green barn...and most importantly they will be transported back in time to a day much cooler and possibly celebratory. Whichever memory shimmies to the top I will be happy to be apart of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment